Monday, May 14, 2012

Two days before the first rehearsal of our last production, my stage manager (Equity, mind you), emails me to say - "uhh, so my day job changed my hours, and uhh, I can't come to any of the shows, and uhhh, I can come to like the last hour of rehearsals on a few days."   Mind you, she didn't even have the balls to just quit - she threw it in my lap.  Via email.  Bad idea.

So, I call her.  After some calm but pointed back and forth she degenerates to "well, I have to feed my family!!" to which I then hold out my phone in front of my face and YELL: "Then you shouldn't BE IN FUCKING THEATRE!!!" and hang up.

A very tasty post-script: Karma is a bitch!

 The very next show she did, she directed.  She couldn't believe that HER stage manager quit three days before production.  HA! And I call that- INSTAKARMA.

Thank you universe.  I owe you one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment